United Nations World Food Programme Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Monitoring Assistant
United Nations World Food Programme Jobs Vacancy, United Nations World Food Programme Recruitment, United Nations World Food Programme Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the United Nations World Food Programme Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
United Nations World Food Programme Jobs Vacancies 2018
The World Food Programme (WFP) is United Nations frontline agency in the fight against hunger, WFP is continually responding to emergencies. We save lives by getting food to the hungry fast. But WFP also works to help prevent hunger in the future. We do this through programmes that use food as a means to build assets, spread knowledge and nurture stronger, more dynamic communities. This helps com- munities become more food secure. On average, WFP aims to bring food assistance to more than 80 million people in 80 countries.
WFP Ethiopia is working with the Government and humanitarian partners to strengthen the resilience of Ethiopia’s most vulnerable population and to chart a more prosperous and sustainable future for the next generation. The Country Office also supports programmes that use food assistance to empower women, transform areas affected by climate change and keep children in school. It aims to contribute to Ethiopia’s five-year development agenda, the Growth and Transformation Plan (GTP), through which the Government combats food insecurity.
This position is located in WFP Ethiopia, Pugnido Field Office. The job holder will be under the direct supervision of a Sr. Programme Associate, Programme Associate or Assistant depending on the Field Office structure.
At this level work is carried out under minimum supervision. The job holder is expected to produce organized and accurate technical work and reports. S/he may provide guidance on standard practices to other staff and counterparts in their area of work.
To perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
DURATION OF POSITION:
One year with possibility of extension
1. Verify the planned movements and distribution of food/cash/voucher or non-food items, reporting issues or discrepancies to the supervisor for timely resolution of problems and to ensure that the quantity distributed and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
2. Maintain information records and monitoring plan documentation, such as records of commodity movements and programme checklists, in order to assist in the effective delivery and distribution of food items or non-food items.
3. Collate assistance programme(s) data in accordance with clear direction, in order to support programme reviews and informative decision-making.
4. Liaise with cooperating partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programme reviews and improve services.
5. Receive and collate comments and feedback from cooperating partners, beneficiaries, and beneficiaries, to support identifying programmatic issues with a view to fostering efficient operations.
6. Provide guidance for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to complete self-monitoring tasks and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
7. Prepare field mission reports to document programme implementation.
8. Follow set emergency response processes and procedures for emergency food/cash/voucher assistance.
9. Perform other activities assigned by the Field office.
OTHER POST REQUIREMENTS
1. Consolidate and maintain information records and monitoring plan documentation and contribute to the weekly/biweekly and monthly Field Office operational/situation reports.
2. Prepare reconciliation, comparison reports (food-cash based transfers) and COMET compliance on quarterly basis, identify and raise any discrepancy to the supervisor.
3. Perform regular data cleaning to ensure accuracy of information and reports.
4. Prepare notes for the record/action plan of agreements to address risks.
5. Prepare filtered data set in ONA by month/quarter/semester
6. Liaise with programme and logistics units to track and consolidate planned vs actual movements and distributions status information on time.
7. Provide guidance/ technical support for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to complete self-monitoring tasks and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
8. Collate assistance programme(s) data in accordance with clear direction, in order to support programme reviews and informative decision-making.
9. Consolidate and maintain information records on process monitoring findings (medium/high risks), complaint and feedback mechanism and any other programme implementation report.
10. Facilitate/participate in joint monitoring, seasonal needs and food security assessments.
11. Data collection for House Hold economic analysis.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
· Has experience analyzing programme output and outcome data.
· General knowledge of monitoring and evaluation systems and tools.
· Has experience in data management and visualization
· Has good data analytics and visualization skills (through any database management/ data analysis package such as SPSS, STATA, SQL).
· Knowledge of pastoralist area.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A diploma or post-graduate certificate in any of the following disciplines: statistics, economics, international affairs, business administration, social sciences, development is an added value
Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the related business stream with experience in monitoring & evaluation and data management in Pastoralist area.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and local language.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
· Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision. Proven ability to communicate effectively in English and local language both orally and in writing.
How to Apply
WFP is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates meeting the above qualifications are encouraged to apply on-line through WFP recruitment website.
This VA is open ONLY to Ethiopian Nationals.
Public access : http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings
WFP staff access: http://newgo.wfp.org/services/e-recruitment
Please note that WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.