Wako Gutu Foundation Recruitment 2018 for Agricultural Extension Officer – Jobs in Ethiopia
Wako Gutu Foundation Jobs Vacancy, Wako Gutu Foundation Recruitment, Wako Gutu Foundation Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Wako Gutu Foundation Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Wako Gutu Foundation Recruitment 2018
Wako Gutu Foundation is non- governmental development organization established with overall objective of promoting inclusion of pastoral and agro-pastoral communities in the development process and ensuring that the pastoral and agro pastoral communities are sufficiently benefiting from the development gains realized in the country. The Foundation was established by the community leaders in the lowland areas of Bale zone in memory of General Waqo Gutu, a person who witnessed a lifetime commitment for promoting social and economic welfare of pastoral communities in Ethiopia. It has been registered as resident charity organization by Federal Charities and Societies Agency bearing a registration number 0457. Its registration has been renewed in February 2016 for three consecutive years by the same authority.
Currently, WGF is looking for Agricultural Extension Officer as per the detail below:-
Vacant post: Agricultural Extension Officer
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Employment Type: One year contract period with possibility of extension
Number of employee: Two
Post holder’s roles and Responsibilities
Purpose: Ensure continuous supervision of the overall operations of WGF’s agriculture, food security and livelihood enhancement projects in Oromia and Somali regional states and acts as a line assistant to the Technical Specialist- Agriculture, food security and livelihood.
- Coordinate implementation of agriculture, food security and other livelihood activities within the scope of the projects.
- Facilitate adoption of livelihood Resilience innovations such as Sustainable rain fed dry land farming, improved mechanization, irrigated farming, , Environmental Conservation, Holistic Rangeland Management, Sustainable Income Generation alternatives, Bee keeping, livestock Management.
- Identify training and development needs of extension workers and make recommendations to project manager.
- Collaborate with extension workers and other staff to enhance integration of WGF interventions.
- Lead in the planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting on the agricultural component of the Food Security and Livelihood (FSL) projects focussing on pastoral livelihood and specifically in agricultural and Animal Husbandry and Health Services.
- Undertake planning, implementation and monitoring of food security, market linked livelihood (pastoralist & agro-pastoralist communities), agricultural LIVELIHOOD SUPPORT and DRR interventions in close coordination with other WGF team members, GENDER and WASH team members
- provide timely updates on the overall food security and livelihoods situation in the agreed area; This especially for the Pastoral Livelihoods, agricultural and agricultural products markets and trade, Animal disease surveillance, Status of pastures, access to Animal Health services, access to pastures and feed and fodder (markets);
- Provide support to in developing new proposals, providing data, information on: beneficiary expressed needs, context information, local authorities policies and plans, coordination with existing actors in the pastoral and agricultural sector, agricultural sector markets functionality.
- Produce regular activity progress reports to the team leader/PM providing complete data on achievements against planned outputs (locations, beneficiaries reached, meeting held, minutes, attendance lists, beneficiary lists, agricultural treatments records, etc.);
- Ensure that all WGF accountability procedures and tools are applied correctly at all stages of the implementation of agricultural extension activities and in particular in the Pastoral livelihood support and in the Animal Health activities;
- Ensure that Government laws and Regulations and other standards are always applied in the implementation of agricultural related activities; This includes gender, environment and protection aspects;
- Plan, implement and monitor Food Security and Livelihood (FSL) interventions in the pastoral Livelihood sector in case of emergency response.
- Ensure priority areas such as gender equality and HIV/AIDS mainstreaming are integrated into all food security, livelihood and DRR interventions
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Educational level required: must hold M.Sc/B.Sc in Agriculture-extension, Rural Development, Agricultural Economics and related fields.
Experience: 3 years for M.Sc or 5 Years for B.Sc. Prior experience in a supervisory position, with good understanding on principles of extension Proven problem solving and decision making skills
Experience working with pastoralist community on development matters, advocacy and governance, Gender mainstreaming, children rights & community mobilization skills.
Excellent written and oral skills of Afan Oromo (lowland dialect) and Somali Languages. (skill of both languages is advantageous)
How to Apply
Qualified Candidates can apply online on [email protected] by uploading latest cover letter and CV before or on September 10, 2018.