Wako Gutu Foundation Recruitment 2018 for Health Extension Officers – Jobs in Ethiopia
Wako Gutu Foundation Jobs Vacancy, Wako Gutu Foundation Recruitment, Wako Gutu Foundation Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Wako Gutu Foundation Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Wako Gutu Foundation Recruitment 2018
Wako Gutu Foundation is non- governmental development organization established with overall objective of promoting inclusion of pastoral and agro-pastoral communities in the development process and ensuring that the pastoral and agro pastoral communities are sufficiently benefiting from the development gains realized in the country. The foundation was established by the community leaders in the lowland areas of Bale zone in memory of General Wako Gutu, a person who witnessed a lifetime commitment for promoting social and economic welfare of pastoral communities in Ethiopia. It has been registered as resident charity organization by Federal Charities and Societies Agency bearing a registration number 0457. Its registration has been renewed in February 2016 for three consecutive years by the same authority.
Currently, WGF is looking for Health Extension Officer as per the detail below:-
Vacant post: Health Extension Officers
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Employment Type: One year contract period with possibility of extension
Number of employee: Two
Gender: Female only
Post holder’s roles and Responsibilities
General Assignment: Organize and conduct the activities linked to the Health and Care Practices program in the region with close supervision of WGF project site health staff.
1. Facilitate and implement awareness-raising sessions at centers and community levels, particularly on mother pregnancy practices, child development, mother and child interactions and breastfeeding practices
2. Supervise the proper transmission of project information and key messages to beneficiaries and the community, by supporting them on awareness raising methods, sense of responsibility and motivation
3. Promote the full range of care practices including aspects of hygiene practice and infant & young child feeding practices
4. Provide regular technical support to project staffs, stakeholders and community key persons, about quality service delivery, by identifying on-the-job needs and supervising skills progression.
5. Coordinate implementation of maternal, child health and other health extension service activities within the scope of the projects.
6. Facilitate promotion of MCH best practices like effective breast feeding, mothers’ pre and post natal healthcare, preparation of nutritious foods, effective hygiene and environmental sanitations.
7. Identify training and development needs of woreda level health extension workers and other relevant stakeholders and make recommendations to project manager
8. Undertake planning, implementation and monitoring of MCH, Sanitation and Hygiene (pastoralist & agro-pastoralist communities) in close coordination with other WGF team members, GENDER and WASH team members
9. Produce regular activity progress reports to the team leader/PM providing complete data on achievements against planned outputs (locations, beneficiaries reached, minutes, attendance lists, beneficiary lists, MCH outreach records, etc.)
10. Ensure that Government laws and Regulations and other standards are always applied in the implementation of MCH related activities.
11. Ensure priority areas such as gender equality and HIV/AIDS mainstreaming are integrated into all food security, livelihood and DRR interventions
12. Coordinate short messages pull-push system through translating received messages into Afan Oromo and Somali Languages, contextualizing and sending back messages to beneficiaries.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Educational level required: must hold B.SC in Health Officer, Public Health, Clinical Nurse and other related fields.
Experience: 5 years; Prior experience in a supervisory position, with good understanding on principles of extension Proven problem solving and decision making skills
Experience working with pastoralist community on development matters, advocacy and governance, Gender mainstreaming, children rights & community mobilization skills.
Excellent written and oral skills of Afan Oromo (lowland dialect) and Somali Languages. (skill of both languages is advantageous)
How to Apply
Qualified Candidates can apply online on [email protected] by uploading latest cover letter and CV before or on September 10, 2018.