Welthungerhilfe Recruitment 2019 for WASH Field Officer
Welthungerhilfe Announces their Recruitment for several positions, Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity on how to Apply for Welthungerhilfe Recruitment 2019. See position below and Closing Date…
For a world without hunger
VACANCY — WASH Field Officer
LOCATION- Dowa START DATE — 1st February, 2019
Background and Purpose
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest German non-governmental organisations in the area of development co-operation and emergency relief. Primarily in co-operation with local partner organisations, its task is to contribute to improvement in the nutritional and income basis for the low-income populations in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Malawi continuously since 2013. Sector focus is on WASH, Food and Nutrition security, Livelihoods and when necessary, Emergency response.
The Welthungerhilfe Country Office seeks a WASH Field Officer who will work under the supervision of the Project Specialist to coordinate and ensure that project compliance is consistent with Welthungerhilfe systems and donor reporting requirements.
This post aims to support and supervise the implementation of the water systems in Dzaleka Camp.
Duties and Area of Responsibility
- Monitor water and sanitation facilities and the work of the committees
- Supervise and evaluate the activities of water monitors and technicians
- Conduct water quality analysis and reporting
- Supervise the installation of electric pumps, water kiosks, water tanks and pipelines
- Supervise the rehabilitation of hand pumps and water kiosks
- Supervise all other construction activities such as hand pump platforms and drainage systems
- Train, sensitize and conduct community mobilization
- Support the Project Specialist in the design of training booklets for the committees
- Support in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports
- Ensure coordination and good working relation with all project’s stakeholders including government and beneficiaries — ensure that they are fully involved in the planning and designing, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the project as appropriate.
- Strong understanding of and practical experience in rural livelihoods, water, sanitation and hygiene and related activities.
- Proven problem solving and organizational skills, flexibility and calm under pressure.
- A mature self-starter, a good communicator and team builder with the ability to manage and motivate staff
- Knowledge of the NGO sector in Malawi and international Development.
- Excellent English language skills with excellent verbal, analytical, and organizational skills – a good communicator, with proven experience in reporting for international donors.
- Good team-worker; able to live and work closely with a small team with minimum direct supervision.
- Commitment to international and humanitarian NGO codes, standards and practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Studies; Water, Hygiene and Sanitation studies, Public Health or any related.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in related role
- Previous management experience preferably in rural livelihoods and WASH with an international NGO.
- Strong computer skills especially with Ms Word and Excel and other related packages.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available and Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to make necessary changes.
If you feel that you are the person that we are looking for, we are offering you the opportunity to work in an exceptionally engaged team with a high level of responsibility.
Indicate your anticipated basic salary (thus excluding medical aid and pension benefit).
Please send a covering letter and CV by email, including the job title in the subject line, by Monday, 21st January 2019 to [email protected]
Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.