World Vision Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Area Manager – Jobs in Ethiopia
አዳዲስ ስራዎች በኢትዮጵያ ውስጥ, World Vision Jobs Vacancy, World Vision Recruitment, World Vision Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
ተፈላጊው አመልካች (ዎች) ይህንን እድል ለማጣራት በዚህ ገጽ ላይ ያሉትን ዝርዝሮች እና ሂደቶች ለመከተል.
World Vision Vacancies 2018
As an International Christian Humanitarian Development organization, World Vision Ethiopia (WVE) is trusted to deliver integrated programs with target communities through its 72 Area programs (APs) located in seven regional states of the country. WVE envisions a thriving organization where our strong leadership at all levels results in improved delivery of results for children.
WVE is currently looking for candidates for Area Manager role. The successful candidates will have skills and experience that meet the following requirements:
· Ensure that all current projects are implemented according to project proposals and contracts and in accordance with the terms and conditions specified by the donor in conjunction with WV Ethiopia and relevant Support Offices.
· Establish and maintain professional working relationships with donors, NGOs (both local and international), and relevant government authorities(e.g Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education, etc) at woreda and zonal level
· Provide leadership to needs assessments in current and projected project areas to ensure that programming is justifiable and well designed.
· Working with HEA leadership, with input from Sector Coordinators, to develop strategies for future Gambella emergency and development programming.
· Assist with delegated aspects of project design and proposal writing
· As a member of HEA management team, participate in regular team meetings and contribute to the effective leadership of the overall ministry, including annual operating plan and multi-year strategic planning
· Complete and submit operational activity reports to leadership
· Take a lead role in growing the organization – working to develop 3 year Gambella strategy and expand from emergency response into recovery and development programming in both the refugee and host community contexts
· Maintain regular contact with other international and local non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and government officials working to serve as a network for obtaining and coordinating information regarding current and future work in the country
· Coordinate and conduct on-going monitoring and the evaluation of all project activities.
· Oversee preparation of financial status and project progress reports, and other information as required for the donors, the Program Director, Support Offices, and Partnership Office
· Ensure that proper accounting systems and practices are in place within the Operations Department, so as to facilitate the approval of funding for projects.
· Oversee Gambella ERP compliance with all relevant sections of the Field Financial Manual as well as P&C Policy Guidelines.
· Ensure that audit reports and audit findings are distributed to project managers and to all senior operations staff, so that findings and problems can be addressed and solved.
· Ensure that projects provide responses to the Operations Department on all audit reports and findings, so that these responses can be directed to the Internal Auditor and assess the effectiveness of current projects and identify possibilities for new projects.
2. Qualifications Required: University degree preferably Master’s Degree in Education, Protection and/or Water/Sanitation fields
· Technical Training qualifications required: relief, disaster management , environmental sciences and related field
3. Work Experience and Skill Required: 5 years of experience in relief or disaster management and development work in developing country
· Experience working in refugee context with NGO, ARRA or UN agencies such as UNHCR and UNICEF
· Experience with World Vision or a similar large NGO’s policies and procedures
· Experience in management and knowledge of basic accounting methods and procedures
· Ability to train and supervise a multi-cultural staff
· Good cross-cultural communication skills
· An openness to learning about and understanding the culture, political, and social and economic situation of the country
· Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
· Good public relations and public speaking skills
· A committed Christian who is willing to accept WV’s Christian ethos as reflected in the core values.
· Requires: fluent in spoken and written in English, good writing skills
· Requires a willingness to spend at least 33% of his/her time in the field visiting projects sometimes under difficult living conditions
· Able to work and travel extensively in the Horn of Africa countries and elsewhere to attend various senior management meetings internationally and within the WV Partnership
4. Additional Requirements: Committed to WV’s vision, mission and core values
5. Place of Work: Gambella, South Sudanese Emergency Response Program
6. Salary: World Vision has an attractive salary and benefits scaleDuration of the contract: June 30 2019
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to email before the closing date of this announcement to [email protected]
World Vision Ethiopia is a child focused Organization and is striving to keep children safe and is committed to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for this position.