World Vision Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Climate Change & Environmental Specialist
World Vision Jobs Vacancy, World Vision Recruitment, World Vision Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the World Vision Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
World Vision Jobs Vacancies 2018
As an International Christian Humanitarian Development organization, World Vision Ethiopia (WVE) is trusted to deliver community service through its 58 Area Development programs (APs) located in seven regional states of the country. Currently, WVE envisions a thriving organization where our improved business processes come together to transform and model organizational leadership built on sustainable practices. WVE is looking for persons who fulfill the following qualifications.
Purpose of the position:
Provide Technical support to WVE on Climate change, Environment sustainability, and Alternative Energy sources programs’ interventions (protection, rehabilitation of natural resource conservation, alternative energy sources for better yield and sustainability) and follow up its implementation.
· Provide guidance and technical support to the implementations of environment and alternative energy programs (FMNR, EECS and climate smart agriculture and other environment protection, rehabilitation and development, alternative energy and sustainability)
· Engage in the implementation of FMNR, EECS models and relate with Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) projects; prepare and review project idea notes and proposals; and follow up its implementation
· Take part in mainstreaming climate change, environmental sustainability and alternative energy sources in APs design/redesign, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
· Create/strengthen network with federal MoA, MEFCC, WoWIE, EIAR, RARIs, NGOs and other stakeholders
· Support review in the preparation of annual planning, monitoring and evaluation of APs and grant programs/projects
· Facilitate and handle climate change, environment and alternative energy project donors and support offices’ visits and briefings
· Engage in practicing appropriate object setting and plan professional development tools like CFP to enhance better performance, smooth staff relations and accountability;
· Follow up proper utilization of climate change, environment and alternative energy program funds and timely submission of physical and financial reports to support offices and other partners
· Participate and review midterm and final evaluations TOR and reports related to climate change, environments and alternative energy sources
· Promote major cross cutting themes climate change, environments and alternative energy sources including gender and disability, etc…..
· Engage in identifying, documentation, promoting , value addition of government policies, and scaling up best practices ( climate change, environmental sustainability and alliterative energy sources)
· Prepare, provide and follow up trainings on climate change, environmental sustainability and alternative energy sources
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
· Qualification required: M.Sc. Degree in Environmental Science, Agroforestry, Natural resource management studies
· Experience: 8 years and above in climate change, environmental sustainability and alternative energy sources at specialist, coordinator or senior expert level
Technical Training qualifications required: in CDM and carbon monitoring, climate change and natural resource management, conservation and sustainability, biodiversity, alternative energy sources
Working Environment / Conditions:
· Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
· Travel: 35% Domestic/international travel is required.
· On call: 20%
Additional Requirements: Committed to WV’s vision, mission and core values. World Vision Ethiopia is a child focused Organization and is striving to keep children safe and is committed to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for this position.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to send their Cv’s to [email protected] before the closing date of this announcement
World Vision Ethiopia is a child focused Organization and is striving to keep children safe and is committed to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for this position.