World Vision Recruitment 2019 for Associate Director Business Support Services
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the World Vision Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
World Vision Recruitment 2019
WORLD VISION INTERNATIONAL –MALAWI OFFICE
World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
World Vision International in Malawi therefore is currently looking for dedicated professional Christians to fill the following vacant position: Associate Director Business Support Services – Based at the National Office. If you are passionate about child wellbeing and you are considering a career with a calling, we would love to talk to you.
BUSINESS SUPPORT SERVICES ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR (GRADE 17)-1 POSITION
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: The Purpose of this position is to provide leadership and support to the Business Support team to ensure a fully functional, well-focused and high-value performing function for quality service delivery.
Business Support Associate Director will oversee the performance of support services namely Supply Chain Management, Security, General administration, Risk and Partnerships. S/he will offer support to the National Director in providing strategic oversight and implementation of mission critical initiatives within the support services function of the country office. S/he is responsible for ensuring quality performance across WV Malawi’s support services areas to deliver appropriate organizational transformation, spearhead rolling out of new business support systems and processes.
- Provides strategic Guidance to Senior Leadership Team
- Identifies support service team requirements and gaps across programs including Grants.
- Assesses team capacity in Administration and SCM and all support offices to ensure best value of service is provided to the Ministry.
- Lead in the develop, implementation and review of the policies, standards and procedures for Procurement, Administration, Fleet, Safety and Security to ensure they are aligned to WVI set expected standards, policies and procedures.
- Leading the planning and implementation annual insurance survey for WVM
- Supply Chain Management
- Develops a logistics and supply chain strategy for WV Malawi that will drive implementation of the WV National Strategy and Promise 2030
- Develops a framework to ensure a strategic and collaborative supply chain philosophy is adopted across all Malawi projects.
- Undertakes strategic supplier relationship management and form strategic relationship that will yield cost efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Works with BDGM to ensure understanding of Donor supply chain management procedures.
- Prepares request for waivers and derogations for submission to donors by BDGM.
- RISK Management
- Works closely with National Director and the risk and compliance Manager to Identify risks of fraud and corruption in areas of responsibility and set up preventive/mitigation and control measures
- In collaboration with the National Director and the SLT, sensitize staff on risks of fraud and corruption
- Alerts the National Director of fraud and corruption and proposes corrective measures
- Puts in place ex-ante control mechanisms to assess the CO compliance and risk level, anticipate and rectify operational issues before they are captured as qualified opinions in management audit reports.
- Implements and follows up on recommendation from Audits.
- Fleet Management
- Develop and implement the procurement and replacement plan for the fleet for World Vision Malawi
- Guide the standardization and enforcement of fleet management procedures, guidelines and processes and implementation of a life-cycle management system including cost effective
- Fleet insurance, contracts and pro provision of a reliable transport system to support the implementation of the security management plan
- Analyze and disseminate fleet management system information and repots and make recommendations on vehicle disposal and replacement in accordance with the WVM disposal policy
- Security Management
- Lead in the development and implementation of fleet and security management strategies including security assessments in alignment with World Vision policies
- Advise SLT on security issues as they arise and guide management and staff as appropriate
- General Office Administration
- Provides policy guidance and on general administrative function including management of office space and equipment, acquisition and distribution of furniture and equipment and office supplies.
- Develop standards for existing and future facilities and guidelines for the ongoing management of WVI Malawi premises in all operational areas;
- Establish quality maintenance and service standards for WVI Malawi ;
Monitor office and accommodation space allocations, office supplies, and rental and cost-sharing agreements;
- Champion Change Management across Support Services Functions
- Anchors WV Malawi’s participation in regional initiatives, such as shared services, Hub formations that aim to improve impact to ministry.
- Interfaces with P and C on creating a sustainable balance between structure and programme needs.
- Conducts cost benefit analysis of transitions and advises management on appropriate action.
- Business Systems Implementation and Reviews
- In collaboration with functional heads facilitate an end to end business process review across all functions including SCM, Finance and P and C to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identifies system, structural, staff and procedure related bottlenecks and takes decision to address systems and procedures related delays.
- Reviews support services policies such as per diems, fleet and travel, security and office management and ensure they effectively facilitate project delivery.
- Interfaces with staff across different functions to constantly get feedback on systems performance, their efficacy, identify pain points.
- Oversees implementation and roll out of new systems in SCM and risk management
- Identifies project managers and focal persons for new initiatives and ensures adequate capacity building.
- Reviews and monitors system implementation time frameworks and makes decisions on actions to ensure systems projects remain on track.
- Interfaces with other SAR countries to get support on business processes and methodologies namely, breakthrough and the 6 Sigma.
- Keeps track of the WV Malawi cost effectiveness and cost cutting plan and keeps teams engaged with action plans
- Team Collaboration and Compliance Across Departments
- Reviews KPI reports, MMR and FFR reports from departments and engages respective leadership on remedial actions for all support related challenges.
- Convenes joint sessions involving support services and programs to ensure collaboration and joint planning.
- Reviews partner due diligence reports and recommends to SLT.
- Consolidate reports from risk management and internal audit to ensure timely implementation.
- Follows up on behalf of ND implementation of investigation recommendations with SLT members in charge
Minimum Qualifications and experience
- Master Degree in Business Management or related
- 5 years of experience in Managing changing environments and general Administration
- Should have experience working at senior management level (is preferred).
Required Competencies and Attributes:
- Ability to lead and manage a team of different portfolios
- An energetic, analytical and self-starting approach to projects that involve significant responsibility
- Ability to think and plan strategically to meet multiple deadlines
- Must possess high level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in the English language (written and verbal)
- Strong understanding of business requirements of the WV partnership
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, internet and WVI databases
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and lead in daily devotions and attend Chapel
- Perform other duties as required.
All interested applicants should send a cover letter with a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees to: email@example.com not later than 5th April 2019. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.