International Rescue Committee Recruitment 2018 for Education Assistant
International Rescue Committee Jobs Vacancy, International Rescue Committee Recruitment, International Rescue Committee Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the International Rescue Committee Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
- 1 How to Apply
- 1.0.1 · Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
- 1.0.2 · Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
- 1.0.3 · Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
- 1.0.5 Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
International Rescue Committee Recruitment 2018
- Support the education officer in planning realistic budget based on the need on the ground.
- Strengthen relationship with Woreda offices for the smooth implementation of activities in the local communities.
- Build relationships between Woreda education office and ARRA for coordination and cohesion among local and refugee community educational activities.
- Prepare awareness raising events and advocate the essence of learning among the local and refugee communities
- Support the facilitation of pre-service, in-service and summer teachers trainings based on training needs and track pre and post-test results among education facilitators in camps and target teachers in local primary schools.
- Closely follow up and support the quality day to day implementation of Accelerated School Readiness (ASR) for the local community, Play & Sport and Assessment for Learning (AFL) programs.
- Closely follow up and support the quality day to day implementation of Education program including Early Childhood Care and Development (ECCD), Functional Adult Literacy and English Language Improvement Program (ELIP).
- Keep the day to day records of children who are attending in the ECCD and ASR program.
- Works very closely with RCC, PTSA, school directors and homeroom teachers to track dropout children and work together to bring them back to ECCD centers and ASR program.
- Monitor ECCD facilitators and selected teachers from local primary schools to have lesson plans, conduct observation and support the effective use pre-school healing classroom and ASR curriculum.
- Serve as focal person for children’s attendance and record of their academic performance and relevant documentation.
- Closely follow up the monthly teacher learning circle sessions (TLC) of the ECCD facilitators;
- Follow up the hiring of incentive staff; identify replacers until formal hiring of terminated or resigned incentive staff.
- Closely follow up the teaching and learning process as per IRC standard procedures, policies and strategic plan;
- Ensure the availability of teaching aid materials for math, literacy, art and exploration centers and provide the required pedagogical supports to ECCD facilitators;
- Encourage ECCD facilitators and target teachers in ASR program to prepare teaching aids from locally available materials.
- Make sure the feeding program is running smoothly; release basic feeding supplies from ARRA store on monthly basis.
- Support and facilitates the enrolment of marginalized and disadvantaged children and ensures the rate of dropouts are reduced;
- Support the creation of innovative and child/learner centered environment where children are motivated to participate in the learning and teaching process;
- Support ECCD facilitators and other relevant staff in gathering reliable data on children’s attendance dropout and both gross and net enrollment rate of school age children to ensure that an updated data is accurately recorded, documented, reported and appropriate actions are taken on time.
- Supports in the development of activity and spending plan when new grants are released and effectively uses the plans
- Ensure effective budget management based on existing tools (PR tracking and BvA) to avoid under or over spending.
- Works closely with IRC WASH team to Facilitate/support hygiene promotion training
- In collaboration with school teachers and SHP officers, organize CHAST and three star hygiene approaches training for school WASH club members and follow up school hygiene promotion activities.
- Facilitate/support special events at school level (Hand Washing Day, World Toilet Day, School Closing Day, etc)
- Establish School WASH club, equip with necessary materials, schedule and follow routine school hygiene promotion activities such as compound cleaning campaign, class room cleaning, hand washing at five critical times and hygiene education.
- Conduct WASH facility assessments, Supervise construction of quality WASH facilities in school including final solid waste disposal sites. Hand washing facilities and latrines incompliance with UNICEF and regional health bureau WASH facility standards in school.
- Ensure that context specific IEC/BCC materials are available for all schools in the project, distribute, post and make certain the proper use of the materials in the school.
- Organize hygiene festivals in events like global hand washing day, world toilet day, school opening and closing ceremonies, and prepare quality event report on time.
- Performs other duties as assigned by his/her immediate supervisor;
Requirements, Education and experience
- TVET, Diploma or BA/BED degree
- 3 years relevant work experience for diploma holders and 1 year relevant work experience for degree
- Knowledge and experience on school WASH activities
- NGO experience is a plus
- Plus basic computer knowledge (word, excel)
- Basic English spoken and writing.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Please send your CV, application letter and copies of credentials to the following address: IRC Shire Field Office, P.O.BOX: 158, Shire.
Not allowed to apply in person
· Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
· Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
· Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
Name of the position you have applied for
Date of application
Summary of your qualifications and experience
Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
Permanent and current address (if different form permanent) and telephone number
Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees by including the format below in your application.
|Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue committee (IRC)? If answer is “yes”, give the following information:||YES NO|