Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Malawi (Baylor-Malawi) Recruitment 2018 for Senior Strategic Officer – Jobs in Malawi
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Malawi (Baylor-Malawi) Jobs Vacancy, Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Malawi (Baylor-Malawi) Recruitment, Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Malawi (Baylor-Malawi) Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Malawi (Baylor-Malawi) Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Malawi (Baylor-Malawi) Jobs Vacancies 2018
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Malawi (Baylor-Malawi) is a not-for-profit organization partnering with the Government of Malawi in the health sector. The mission is to improve the health and lives of HIV-infected children and families through high quality, high impact, ethical, state-of-the-art, comprehensive care and treatment, training of health professionals, and clinical research. Baylor-Malawi has an international reputation for innovative, evidence-based HIV service delivery programming.
Baylor-Malawi, with support from USAID, implements for the Technical Support to PEPFAR Programs in the Southern Africa Region—or TSP—Program to reduce the impact of HIV/AIDS in ten countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, and Zimbabwe. TSP works closely with USAID country missions and government partners to respond to requests for technical assistance and to tailor approaches on a case-by-case basis. The high-quality technical assistance and program implementation provided by TSP help strengthen capacity to propel the region towards achievement of the UNAIDS 90-90-90 benchmarks, which call for 90% of HIV-infected individuals to know their status, 90% of patients who know their status to be started and adherent on ART, and 90% of patients on ART to be virally suppressed by 2022. Through TSP, Baylor-Malawi and its partners will provide technical assistance to regional HIV/AIDS programs and build the capacity of country teams to eventually take full ownership of the programs. Assistance will include technical expertise, human resource capacity, physical infrastructure, program implementation experience, and regional coordination and communication.
Baylor-Malawi is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of:
POSITION: Senior Strategic Officer, TSP Program
CONTRACT DURATION: 1 year (renewable)
POSITION TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: TBD. Lilongwe, Malawi or Pretoria, South Africa; with potential travel to 10 focal countries
START DATE: January 2019
APPLICATION DUE DATE: (applications reviewed on a rolling basis)
POSITION DESCRIPTION& RESPONSIBILITIES
The TSP Senior Strategy Officer (SSO) will work under the supervision of the COP and will oversee the strategic development of the entire project. The SSO will ensure the practical implementation of the vision developed by the COP, Implementation Director, and Deputy Chief of Party. The SSO will possess strong management skills for overseeing and working with a variety of technical staff and extended partners, and will coordinate work in various
countries under multiple and competing deadlines. The SSO will have solid written and verbal communication skills
The SSO will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain positive relations with USAID, international and local organizations and program partners;
- Develop strategic partnerships with implementing partners in country;
- Provide input into design and implementation of technical assistance provision and project work plan and budgets
- Oversee efforts to fulfill all USAID reporting requirements and ensure deliverables are met;
- Work with the monitoring and evaluation team and program staff to develop and track the performance monitoring evaluation plans;
- Assist the COP in developing the technical strategy of the program.
- Oversee the marketing and branding development of the TSP programming.
- Work with the USAID partner countries to increase country buy-ins to the TSP program.
- Support effective technical assistance provision as required by various USAID missions and their partners;
- Help guide strategic communications processes development and outputs;
- Serve as the primary back-up to the Deputy Chief of Party, as needed;
- Travel as needed, 10-25%;
This is summary of the primary responsibilities of the position, not an employment contract;it does not restrict the responsibilities that may be assigned. Baylor-Malawi may revise this document at any time.
Applications are sought from experienced, mission-driven candidates who meet the following profile:
- Master’s Degree (e.g. Masters of Business Administration, Masters of Public Health or relevant field), PhD or MD required;
- At least 5 years of senior level experience designing, managing, and implementing large, complex development projects in developing countries;
- Demonstrated experience in HIV/AIDS programming, especially testing, treatment and care; hands-on experience in seeing and treating patients is a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, mature, disciplined, loyal, and shows initiative with an ability to work independently and within a team;
- Proven record of excellent management, leadership, and decision-making skills;
- Outstanding communicator and writer (in English) with experience as a spokesperson who can articulate messages logically and persuasively to various audiences;
- Established skills in building effective internal work relationships at all levels, and maintaining productive and cordial working relationships with stakeholder counterparts;
- Familiarity with USAID/PEPFAR programming, rules and regulations;
- Past experience in a senior management role a plus;
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality;
- Ability to travel within country and internationally.
Applications must include the following:
- A motivation letter providing explanation and detail on how the applicant satisfies the required candidate profile;
- A current Curriculum Vitae;
- Names and contact information of two (2) traceable supervisory referees
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should address their applications to:
For physical delivery:
Tingathe Program Director
c/o Human Resource Officer
Accord House, 2nd Floor
Lilongwe 3, Malawi
For email delivery:
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
How To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]