Danish Refugee Council hereby invites applications from Ethiopia for a Vacancy as an Information Management Coordinator at Danish Refugee Council. The application will close on 10 October 2020.
Location: Addis Ababa
Danish Refugee Council advertised posts are as follows:
- Support humanitarian agencies or humanitarian system to implement minimum standards for information management
- Ensuring that consistent and reliable humanitarian information is made available to the humanitarian agencies or humanitarian system
- Encourage the use of common information management templates and tools (websites, maps,)
- Analyze data collected by NGO and other agencies to identify gaps and information needs and to contribute to advocacy efforts
- Contribute to inter-cluster IM coordination led by OCHA by participating in the Inter Cluster Information Management Working Group.
- Liaise with other spatial information providers to identify information sources and gaps.
- Collect and disseminate information on planned and completed single and multi-agency assessments
- Facilitate the sharing of primary and secondary data collected through assessments.
- Support humanitarian agencies to carry out multi-sectoral rapid needs assessments in accordance with the agreed-upon standard operating procedures and methodology.
- Promote best practice in the use of information management standards and common indicators for assessments.
- Identify information gaps as well as needs for further analysis (geographic, sectoral, or other).
- Support the Assessment Working Group to plan, design and manage IM mechanisms for multi-cluster and inter-agency assessments.
- At least 3-5 years of experience with an NGO or UN agency
- Experience in developing, managing information and using databases in humanitarian settings.
- Experience compiling information for external dissemination.
- Good understanding of monitoring and evaluation processes, including conducting assessments and surveys.
- Good experience in research and data/information management, information security as well as quality assurance techniques.
- Strong understanding of humanitarian, displacement and protection issues.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and preferably MS Access or other databases, SharePoint online, and other modern tools.
- Strong knowledge of data collection, analysis and visualization tools and techniques, such as; Kobo, Power-BI, PivotTables/charts, google forms, among others.
- Understanding of GIS and cartographic outputs, and the ability to collect and organise data to support production or maps and infographics.
- Understanding Humanitarian Mapping.
- Demonstrated skills in PC troubleshooting, software and hardware support, networking, data backup, creating data entry forms and generating database report.
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Acting in line with DRC’s vision and values
How to Apply