Malawi Global Fund Coordinating Committee Secretariat Job Vacancy 2019 for Oversight Support Officer
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Malawi Global Fund Coordinating Committee Secretariat Job Vacancy 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Malawi Global Fund Coordinating Committee Secretariat Job Vacancy 2019
Under the direction of the Executive Secretary, the Oversight Support Officer is responsible for responding to the operational, logistic and administrative needs of the Oversight Committee and for ensuring that all Oversight Committee members are provided with the tools and information necessary to undertake their roles in accordance with the Malawi CCM oversight guidance and Global Fund requirements.
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree with social science and/or public health focus.
- At least 3 years of experience in Monitoring & Evaluation of projects/programs.
- Knowledge and experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation.
- Knowledge and experience in working with Health Indicators and data analysls. Previous development experience desirable.
- Strong organizational skills and able to work to deadlines essential.
- Ability to work effectively with staff and organizational stakeholders
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel essential.
- Strong inter-personal skills and proven ability to communicate and interact with high-level officials from the government, NGOs, UN Agencies and the private sector.
- Strong writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and work independently as well as being a part of a team.
Tasks and responsibilities Data Analysis & Review
- Orientate all new PRs on CCM oversight requirements and relevant reporting tools,
- Ensure PR dashboards and other relevant documentation are provided to the Oversight Committee on a quarterly basis.
- Provide an initial overview analysis of Dashboards to the Oversight Committee highlighting areas of interest/concern for the committee to discuss.
- Generate the CCM Summary Dashboard for presentation to the CCM by the Oversight Committee Chairperson.
- Document ongoing data-driven dialogue for grant performance purposes, and ensure that appropriate linkages with other coordinating bodies in country are maintained.
- Document information regarding grant oversight, in particular information related to grant optimization and impact. Including important data and data analysis related to relevant programs at the national level and share with the Oversight Committee and other relevant stakeholders in a timely fashion.
- Analyze and summarize core supporting documents in the health sector (e.g. on PSM, CMST Reforms, Supply Chain Integration and Audit and Research reports in the health sector). Provide highlights of key issues to Oversight Committee.
- Attend and support regular programmatic, financial and system’s briefings (led by the CCM and/or other relevant partners) on results of the three diseases programs on behalf of CCM members and alternates, the public, private and NGO stakeholders.
- Ensure the all CCM members’ and alternates are knowledgeable about the national policies related to the three diseases and RSSH reporting requirements as well as the key indicators used in this process.
- Support the Oversight Committee to actively monitor and manage risks, by ensuring that they are adequately anticipated and mitigated. This include taking part in the development of risk assurance planning and validation processes.
- Attend debriefings of the PRs by the LFA and provide a summary of discussions/outcomes to the Oversight Committee.
Concept Note Development
- Under the direction of the Oversight Committee and Resource Mobilization Committee chair’s, support the concept note development process by ensuring relevant data and analysis for strategic decision making is available to the CCM.
- Support the Executive Secretary in organizing and documenting the country dialogue process.
- Assist the Oversight Committee in the development, costing and implementation of the annual oversight plan.
- Organize mandated quarterly meetings of Oversight Committees in line with the CCM’s annual plan and other ad hoc meetings of the Oversight Committee as required,
- Mobilize, if requested, technical experts to support the Oversight Committee meetings and deliberations.
- Minute and Document Oversight Committee Meetings using the proscribed templates, including creating and maintaining the actions/follow up section of the CCM summary Dashboard.
- Provide logistical and operational support for site visits,
- Document site visits utilizing proscribed templates.
- Document and follow up on recommendations/actions taken as a result of site visits.
- Provide support to the Executive Secretary in orientating and training of new CCM members in Oversight or refresher training to CCM members.
To carry out additional tasks as requested by the CCM.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email the cover letter and CV to:
The Executive Secretary, Malawi Global Fund Coordinating Committee Secretariat, P.O. Box 30223, Lilongwe.
Email: email@example.com not later than Friday, 2nd April 2019.