Creative Associates International Jobs Vacancy 2018 for Information Technology (IT) Assistant – Jobs in Ethiopia
አዳዲስ ስራዎች በኢትዮጵያ ውስጥ, Creative Associates International Jobs Vacancy, Creative Associates International Recruitment, Creative Associates International Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
ተፈላጊው አመልካች (ዎች) ይህንን እድል ለማጣራት በዚህ ገጽ ላይ ያሉትን ዝርዝሮች እና ሂደቶች ለመከተል.
Creative Associates International Jobs Vacancy 2018
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The five-year READ II project, funded by USAID, will boost the quality of literacy instruction and student support, reaching out to children at risk of failure and dropout caused by cognitive, emotional and physical effects of hunger, violence, and displacement. READ II seeks to better equip teachers with effective early grade reading instruction techniques and materials in seven mother-tongue languages and English, while simultaneously building a culture of reading in the school, home and community.
Duty Station: READ II Central Office – Addis Ababa
The IT Assistant role is to support and maintain in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required.
Reporting & Supervision:
The IT Assistant will report to the IT Coordinator.
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform PC, hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Work with end users to identify and deliver required PC service levels.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on computer operation and other issues.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
- Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user workstation software and networking software products.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Provide software and system troubleshooting and support.
- Proactively schedule software upgrades and patching.
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images, and software.
- Setup and support audio/visual equipment for presentations and trainings.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, and/or e-mails regarding PC and/or hardware problems.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Keep ICT equipment, storage area and work area clean and organized.
- Perform other duties instructed by the IT Coordinator.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor in computer science, IT or equivalent;
- Must have at least five years of general work experience in desktop support, ICT, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Fluency in English is required.
How to Apply
Creative invites eligible candidates to submit their applications via [email protected] . Please make sure to indicate the JOB TITLE in the subject line of your email. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Applications should consist of a one-page cover letter and updated curriculum vitae a maximum of three pages with 3 professional references, the persons’ telephone number & email address.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.