Public Health Institute Jobs Vacancy 2018 for National Phem Advisor (Researcher/Phem Advisor) – Jobs in Ethiopia
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Public Health Institute Jobs Vacancy 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Public Health Institute Jobs Vacancy 2018
Roles and Responsibility:
- Provide other technical advisory and input needed for effective public health emergency management implementation.
- Building the human, physical and organizational capacity of the extension system at federal and regional levels.
- Promoting improved and environmentally-friendly technologies in a manner that integrates PHEM.
- Assist in providing technical support and strategic guidance to the top level management staff at national and field office level to ensure that program operations are going smoothly.
- Assist with the identification of organizational capacity development and technical assistance needs to improve the management and leadership capacity and the efficiency of PHEM.
- Contribute to ToRs, concept notes, studies, workshops, and training materials, directly related to the prioritized national and regional activities.
- Liaise with relevant government officials and partners, and the USAID Mission/Office, on a continuous basis to ensure awareness, coordination and cooperation for the successful planning and implementation of PHEM activities.
- Network among organizations offering services, especially for women and children, internal displaced people and publicize these.
- Provide site technical, organizational development, and operational support and to strengthen multi-sectorial and multidisciplinary collaboration on disease outbreaks in coordination with appropriate international health agencies (e.g. WHO, US CDC, Africa CDC, Carter Center) and any key stakeholders.
- Provide psycho-social support and coordinate referrals and follow-up
- Identify opportunities to promote the convening of appropriate technical, capacity building, and coordinating meetings to promote multidisciplinary discussions and assessments of human and animal health data related to emerging and reemerging zoonotic diseases and the results of disease outbreak investigation.
- Organizing events, meetings and high-level forums and facilitating training, Workshops and press conferences and events
- Support selection, planning and development of communal/internal displaced people settings in collaboration with site planners and with national actors.
- Plan activities that will facilitate the assessment of strengths and capacities, and to address gaps identified in the PHEM.
- Assist in reports review and analysis for informed decision on the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization in terms of accomplishing the plans.
- Ensure timely implementation of planned project activities as per the agreed quantity, quality and cost.
- Providing the necessary supervisory support for these projects during implementation and participate in joint supervisions.
- Contribute to the identification of vertical and horizontal linkages amongst for public health, animal health, wildlife and environmental services to support Public Health Emergency field investigations,
- Communicate regularly with appropriate government counterparts to coordinate and manage country activities. Provide updates, identify gaps and highlight success stories that can be shared to inform stakeholders nationally and regionally.
- Identify and share best practices and tools to build capacity within the PHEM and increase platform effectiveness as well as support data-based decision making in a timely manner.
- Ensuring adequate reporting and effective information sharing system
- Prepare progress reports to MoH, EPHI and others governmental and non-governmental organizations accordingly
- Preparing resource mobilization proposals and looking for potential funders.
- Provide managerial, administrative, and logistical support and identify needs to facilitate travel and implementation of coordination activities of the PHEM/EPHI.
- Mobilising resources from different partner organizations and looking for potential funder and creating awareness on different gender sensitive topics for displaced people
- Developing communication outlets and implement the tools
- Promote strategies to build up and strengthen confidence within IDP settings and between displaced populations, surrounding and host communities.
- Ensure appropriate coordination with all humanitarian partners as well as with national authorities and local structures.
Minimum base Salary: 35,000.00 ETB (Negotiable depending on experience, publications, skill and salary history of the candidate)
Required number: Four
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: M.A in a field of study that offers a comprehensive view of community organization, planning and design (e.g. Humanitarian Affairs, Social work, Development Studies, Social Science, or a related field), or an equivalent and humanitarian experience in a related area.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant job experience, including field experience, and coordination role.
- Practical experience working effectively in an advisory capacity and demonstrated ability to engage with government health agencies and ministries, multilateral health agencies, and national and international nongovernmental organizations for multisectoral coordination.
- Ability to understand and be able to facilitate the application of the principles of public health, epidemiology, disease prevention and control strategies to support and strengthen disease surveillance and response systems and implementation of International Health Regulations (IHR 2005).
- Professional, technical, and/or management skills required for collaborative implementation of PHEM activities, including providing and/or identifying technical assistance and subject matter expertise to support coordination agency/mechanism performance.
- Excellent client relationship management and organization skills to liaise, consult, and interact professionally with technical and managerial staff, mid- and senior-level officials from government, external agencies, and service providers
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively (speaking and writing) in English. Facility with the official working language of the country where the position is based is required.
- Punctuality, respect, accountability, collaboration, courage, building partnership, problem solving, managing performance for success, innovation, planning and organizing.
Reports to: – Deputy Director General
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multi-faceted conditions resulting in measurable successes and growth
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Fluency in English and Amharic (both oral and written).
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for EPHI/PHEM mission
How to Apply
Interested applicants can register in person or send their cover letter and non-returnable up-to-date CVs original and copy of all your credentials document at the address given below.
Women are encouraged to apply for the positions.
Ethiopian Public Health Institute, Human Resource Management Directorate
Human Resource Management Case team
Room No. 112 P.O.Box 1242 or 5654
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia