World Vision International Recruitment 2018 for World Vision International – Jobs in Malawi
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the World Vision International Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
World Vision International Recruitment 2018
Purpose of the position: Is to provide high level technical support to the Health, HIV/AIDS and Nutrition Sector with a focus on Maternal, New born and Child Health. The position is responsible for profiling World Vision Malawi in all relevant sector networks and technical working groups. The incumbent is the primary contact for the organization in matters relating to the Health, HIV and Nutrition sector.
|Program Management and Reporting
- The position is responsible for defining the Technical Approach and Technical Program to be implemented in the Country to realize the National Office Strategy.
- Responsible for setting and enforcing sector standards to be adhered to by implementing staff and partners.
- Approve capacity development plans and products developed by the Zonal MMNeCH Coordinators as part of program implementation in the Zones and Area Programs.
- Responsible for developing easy to use tools, models and protocols to aid in program implementation by the sector staff
- The position will be responsible for producing the consolidated annual/semi-annual National Report for the Technical Program.
- The position is responsible for working with the Strategy & Governance Associate, the D,M&E Manager and other Technical Specialists, the HHN Technical Specialist in compiling the Annual Child Wellbeing report for review and approval by the Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
- Program Development and Grants Acquisition
- Responsible for ensuring that the MMNeCH Program is adequately funded and supported with the appropriate technical capacity.
- Responsible for working with the Area Program Managers to determine the funding deficit and needs of the various locations.
- Work with the Grants Acquisition Director to establish donor linkages, develop and market fundraising products (concept notes, Proposals etc) and acquire extra (Non Sponsorship) financial support for the Program.
- Networking, Liaison and Advocacy
- Lead in strategic networking with donors, the government and Non State Actors in the literacy/Education sector with a view to profiling WVM’s work in the sector.
- Establish mutually beneficial working relationships with strategic partners at the National level.
- Work with the Advocacy and Justice for Children Director to advocate for enactment or repeal/review of policies necessary for Maternal and Child Health in the country.
- Provide Coaching and mentoring of Technical Staff in the MMNeCH Technical Program (Zonal MNeCH Coordinators) including reviewing their annual Performance Agreements and Annual Appraisals in collaboration with their respective supervisors.
- Conduct periodic field monitoring to ensure planned activities are being implemented on budget, time and at recommended industry standards.
- Lead in the sector specific and/or integrated research and learning initiatives by developing research concepts for approval by the Quality Assurance Director, and undertake the proposed research with a view to generating lessons and knowledge for program effectiveness.
- Responsible for generating innovations by working with the Knowledge Management Coordinator.
- The position will investigate, document and disseminate promising practices coming from the implementation of the Malawi Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (MMNeCH) Program.