Catholic Church Social Development Coordinating Office of Meki Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Woreda Jeop Coordinator – Jobs in Ethiopia
Catholic Church Social Development Coordinating Office of Meki Jobs Vacancy, Catholic Church Social Development Coordinating Office of Meki Recruitment, Catholic Church Social Development Coordinating Office of Meki Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Catholic Church Social Development Coordinating Office of Meki Jobs Vacancies 2018
Ethiopian Catholic Church Social Development Commission Branch office of Meki (ECC-SDCBOM) is a faith based Non-Governmental Organization having Social Development activities in the Vicariate of Meki. The Social Development activities are carried out under the Social and Development Commission Branch Office.
Ethiopian Catholic Church Social & Development Commission Branch Office of Meki needs to employ personnel on the following Job areas.
Purpose of the Position:
The JEOP Woreda coordinator, working under the immediate supervision of the JEOP branch office team leader is responsible for the management of the JEOP program under the woreda field office. He/she is responsible to ensure strict adherence to the JEOP/ Commodity Management and Distributions Standards. The job holder is responsible to ensure healthy and smooth collaboration and partnership with relevant woreda government line offices, ECC-SDCCOM offices and communities.
Key /Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiates and facilitates that the required JEOP staff are recruited and placed at FDP under woreda
- Maintain regular working relations with the woreda government officials and community leaders for the smooth implementation of the JEOP/Commodity activities
- Work closely with government and local community leaders to ensure safety and security of Final Distribution Points (FDPs) and take actions as required
- Provide an oversight role to the JEOP/ Commodity program with respect to warehouse management, record keeping, adherence to distribution procedures, and post-distribution monitoring;
- Adhere to 30 days rule for commodity dispatching and distribution for each round
- Work closely with woreda Disaster risk management office (DRMO) and food security taskforce to speedup distribution schedule preparation and approval
- Review Weekly Dispatch & Distribution Updates from Commodity Supervisors and submit to JEOP Branch office team leader timely
- Review monthly commodity dispatch and distribution reports by the commodity supervisor and submit to branch JEOP team leader.
- Facilitate timely payments to daily laborers, scoopers, cleaners, store rents and ensure that payments are affected without delay;
- Ensure that distributions are conducted as per the agreed schedule; inquire into any distribution delays and other incidents and take corrective actions in collaboration with woreda stakeholders;
- Compile and submit weekly, monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual commodity reports and logistic issues to JEOP team leader
- Document meeting minutes and summary reports related to emergency operation
Required No: One
Term of Employment: One-year contract with possibilities of extension
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- BA/BSc in sociology, social work, economics, agricultural economics, agriculture, rural development and agricultural extension, development economics and another related field from recognized universities/colleges
- A minimum of 1-year experience for BSc/BA, 3 years for diploma and 7 years for TVET graduates
- NGO experience is preferable
Competencies /Knowledge, Ability and Skill
- Strong organizational skills and with strong competencies in project cycle management
- Excellent supervisory skills
- A people-person, able to supervise and motivate staff and partners to develop and maintain quality programming. A solid team player who is able to work with a diverse group of people and organizations
- Strong communicator with good presentation, written and organizational skills.
- Energy and stamina to withstand long working hours and often stressful conditions.
- Good computer skills, word, excel, power point, use of internet
- Fluency in local language required. Knowledge of English is Preferable
- Practical experience and understanding of the relevant technical competencies required in commodity management, post distribution survey and food monitoring
- Experience and skills in playing a supportive role, demonstrating ability to support field teams’ members to deliver results for operational work
- Able to plan and monitor the use of human, material and commodity resources based on the approved plans and strategies
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and sensitively within different value systems, diverse cultures and commitment to gender equity and empowerment
- Demonstrated experience of integrating gender, climate, HIV/AIDS, and diversity into programming
How to Apply
Application Deadlines: Ten working days starting from the date of announcement
Place of Application: Applicants should submit their CV and other necessary documents to ECC-SDCBOM, Meki town, HR Office
Adress: ECC-SDCBOM,P.O.Box 43,Meki, Telephone: 022-1-18 0798 or 022-1-180193
Only short list candidates will be communicated.