Médecins Sans Frontières-Holland Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Project HR Manager – Jobs in Ethiopia
Médecins Sans Frontières-Holland Jobs Vacancy, Médecins Sans Frontières-Holland Recruitment, Médecins Sans Frontières-Holland Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Sos Children’s Villages Jobs Vacancies 2018
Is responsible for the implementation of Human Resources policies in the project and the correct Administrative Management of all staff working in the project (National, International, Regional, etc).
- Advise Project Coordinator on set up (org chart) and together with the HR Coordinator, update the project’s organizational chart and job descriptions
- In close coordination with the Project Coordinator and the HR Coordinator, calculate the HR operational needs and the associated budget in order to efficiently ensure the required sizing and capabilities of the project and to facilitate budget following-up.
- Ensure hiring, carry out amendments and contract termination formalities for employees at project level, according to labour local laws, archiving and updating individual employee files, informing them on their rights and preparing all mandatory tax declarations, in order to ensure legal compliance..
- Assist the Project Coordinator, and/or team leaders and supervisors to draw up annual holiday planning and staff shifts in order to forecast HR needs and to ensure HR availability for the project activities..
- Supervise/perform payroll procedures, ensuring that all data related to monthly salary calculation of national employees of the project are correctly entered in Homere (days off, unpaid leaves, sick leaves, overtime, salary advance, etc.), in order to ensure on time and accurate salary payments.
- Under supervision of the HR Coordinator, ensure indexation process of national staff salary grids in order to ensure internal equity, cost-of-living adjustments and the correct application of employment conditions in the project sites.
- Support, in close coordination with the HR Coordinator, the project line managers in detecting training needs, in properly evaluating people performance and in potential identification, in order to improve people capabilities, and their end results contribution to mission goals.
- Plan and supervise, in close coordination with the HRCo, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Together with the Project Coordinator, support the line managers in implementing the internal communication policies in order to boost staff active participation and MSFcommitment.
- In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator and HRCo, applies the administrative procedures part of any Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in force between local partners (eg. Ministry of Health, etc.) and MSF.
- In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator and HRCo, looks for the best options to avoid and/or solve
- possible labour conflicts in the project.
- Ensures all staff in the Project (National, International, Regional, visits, etc.) is properly briefed and/or inducted.
- Is responsible for all movements and/or accommodation of staff in the Project.
- Ensures all HR reporting of the Project
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
MSF Holland Kule Health project has nearly 300 National staff and 1300 refugee workers. The HR manager is responsible for managing staff contracts, personnel adminstration, leave and other benefit adminstration and of all the national staff and refugee workers.
- Is responsible for supervising the work of two admin asst.positions who is responsible for National staff contract and payroll management including personnel files, documetation and incentiveworkers contracts, monthly payments and leave adminstration.
- Is responsible for coordinating and supervising recruitment process of national staff vacancies both in and out side of project area.
- Ensure that conflict among employees and supervisors are adressed in time with approperiate adminstrative procedures implemented as per internal regulation and disciplinary policywithin Ethiopian Labor law context.
A. Talent Acquisition
- Work with the project Department heads how to identifying the HR need in the project, how to sources talents In the project location and new ways of Recruiting and retention strategies aligning the MSF HR need with the external competitive market in consultation with HRMCO and DEPHRMCO.
- Responsible to ensure proper implementation of our recruitment policy in the project.
B. Performance Management
- Accountable to follow-up, advise, tracking of annual performance evaluations, probation evaluations and remind the relevant managers to start working on evaluation.
- Support supervisors in drawing performance improvement plans and responsible for following up the status of performance improvement plans as the timeline and keep tracking.
C. Policy and procedure:
- Accountable to advise and guide the project how to interpret, when to refer to and whom to ask for clarification when it comes to the HR guideline, internal regulation of MSF as well as the different local laws.
- Provide explanation of HR related polices when necessary.
- Accountable to make sure policy and procedures are followed and implemented in the project.
- Make sure both Hardcopies and soft copies of all HR related policy and procedures in place.
D. HR documentation
- Manage & ensure HR records & files are updated in a timely & accurate manner, safeguarding confidential information & with compliance to the labour law. These should include contracts, CV, diplomas, job descriptions, probation period completion, evaluations, disciplinary actions, leave follow-up…
E. Payroll management (Homere system)
- Along with the HR manager, (homer managment) identify the comment mistakes made every month while doing payroll in homer and setting improvement plan and track changes for future improvement.
- Report errors to the HR manager (Homere managment) .
- Review and verify all payroll related reports and corrected before send to coordination for Approval
F: HR leadership Role
- Work together with HRMCO in setting a goal for project HR team to be more proactive, be a strategic partner to the management, and have an advisory role in HR aspects in the project.
G: Training ,coaching and mentoring
- Train the project HR team in HR processes in collaboration with the mission L& D manager and HRMCO.
- Mentor HR team in the project how HR processes done In MSF way I collaboration with HR manager(flying)
- Responsible for Identifying need, (On the Job/Off the job) to the project HR team in collaboration with HR manager (flying) and L & D manage on any specific HR tools.
- Work in collaboration with the Learning and development manager and project level supervisors to identify project HR needs and identify if training is the best solution to solve the specific problem and suggest other possible mechanism to alleviate project performance issues.
- Follow-up and track progress after each Training, coaching and mentoring programs.
- Responsible to follow-up any project training requests are in line with yearly plan and proper budget allocate for it. In addition, make sure tracking done in Homere.
H: Emergency response
- Responsible for organizing, maintain complete HR component of an emergency intervention/in in the project.
I: Field report
- Share HR reports to Project coordinator and HRMCO.
Education Degree in management (business, HR) or administration
Experiences At least two year in administration management Desirable, good knowledge of local administration
Languages Mission language and local language essential
- People Management
Reports to (Hierarchical) :- Project Coordinator
Reports to (Functional):- HR Coordinator
Contract :- 1 Year
How to Apply
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to send your updated CV through by mentioning the specific job title in the subject
Snap Plaza, 8th floor, Bole Next to The Millennium hall
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: this position is open to Ethiopian nationals only
Note MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association. Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.