Mercy Corps Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Senior Procurement Officer
Mercy Corps Jobs Vacancy, Mercy Corps Recruitment, Mercy Corps Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Mercy Corps Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Mercy Corps Jobs Vacancies 2018
Mercy Corps is an International Humanitarian organization operating Water and Sanitation, Economic Development, Livelihoods, Capacity Building, Emergency Response, Health and Nutrition, and similar sectors in the regions of SNNPR, Somali, Oromia, Addis Ababa and Dire Dawa. Mercy Corps works with communities, public and private sectors to implement appropriate relief, recovery and development interventions. Mercy Corps Ethiopia invites motivated and qualified candidates to apply for the following vacant position.
Position Title: Senior Procurement Office
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Post Position: One
The Procurement Department is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and integrity in the purchase of goods and services. The overriding objective for all Mercy Corps procurement activity is the prompt and effective provision of materials and services to Mercy Corps’ beneficiary populations in compliance with donor specifications.
[Describe overview of job missioGENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Senior Procurement Officer is responsible for facilitating the procurement aspects of Mercy Corps’ logistic operation. Working closely with Program, Administration, Finance and Logistics the Procurement Officer is instrumental in supporting program activities through his/her services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Need to have full understanding of Mercy corps, Donor and standard procurement policies and procedures and donor procurement regulations;
· Procure goods and services in accordance with Mercy Corps policies and donor regulations and within the minimum timeframes (lead-time) in a transparent, accountable, and cost effective manner and facilitate the timely and efficient supply of goods and services.
· Assists staff as needed on creating clear and understandable purchase requests and other procurement documentation.
· Track purchase request and ensure timely purchases including maintaining current and orderly files of all procurement activities. (photocopy of all transaction documents)
· Distribute request for quotations/invitation to tender and bid documents for suppliers and
Obtain Performa invoices as per the specifications on the PR.
· Prepare Purchase requests, Invitation to tenders, Quotation Analysis, Note to File, Purchase Order, Payment Requests, Service contracts, Purchase Agreements, Consultancy Agreement Preferred supplier Agreement as required.
· Proactively coordinate the tendering process for both goods and services, ensuring that the process follows best practice and Mercy corps tender policies;
· Coordinate the procurement of the overseas purchased goods/services, assist and facilitate any import/export activities.
· Maintain proper procurement files guarantee the confidentiality of all specifications and price quotations made by the supplier.
· Support in the bids Evaluations/ analysis for all purchases(goods/services);
· Remain informed about sources of supply, methods, services and materials and interact with Vendors during collection of quotations and represent mercy corps in a professional manner.
· Always accord prompt and courteous reception and fair and equal treatment to all vendors/suppliers and their representatives.
· Provide equal opportunity for vendors/suppliers to make price and specification quotations.
· Avoid subjecting vendors/suppliers to needless expense or inconvenience when requesting quotations or returning goods.
· Prepare payment requests and ensure the necessary documents are attached for payments.
· Follow up payments are done on time for the suppliers.
· Ensures timely and safe delivery of items/ goods to the warehouse with proper documentation and coordinate with the storage and transfer of items to field sites.
· Explain as clearly and fully as possible to vendors/suppliers the reason(s) for the rejection of their bids/proposals.
· Identify potential, credible and competent vendors for MC, maintain contacts with suppliers, and conduct price comparison in order to get the best price and quality material.
· Keep records of supplier database and maintain files of current market prices for commonly bought items.
· Carry out price surveys and maintain price list for routinely purchased items from preferred vendors and ensure prices charged by the suppliers are the market prices;
· Ensure MC supply chain procedures are adhered to while purchasing goods/ services required by MC.
· Ensuring all specifications in the purchase requisitions are captured in the requests for quotations and subsequently in the purchase order;
· Work with the procurement committee as per MC Supply Chain Policy to source suppliers.
· Coordinate with the Operations Manager on procurement planning and budgeting;
· Tracking in-coming shipments of ordered goods, reviewing completeness and accuracy of shipping and confirming timely arrival of the right quantity and quality of delivered consignments;
· Maintain up to date records for all procured goods and services, including approved budgets and supporting documentation: purchase requisitions, quotations, bid evaluations, purchase orders, and related documents;
· Assist in communicating changes in the supply chain policies to both Internal and external body and responding to audit queries on time;
· Liaise with the MC legal team to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and policies in the preparation of Service Contracts and Service Level Agreement (SLAs) and service contracts;
· Assist in the drafting framework agreements and other related agreements for Master Agreements;
· Participate in preparing prequalification documents and appraising prequalified suppliers;
· Coordinate vendor performance management review using the approved MC tools and participate in decision making based on the evaluation;
· Provide weekly procurement status reports to the Operations Manager; and collect the quarterly procurement plan from all departments; compile and procure as per the schedule.
· Flexibility in supporting any other units in case the officer assigned is away or on leave;
· Assist on driving MC vehicles for duties other than procurement and undertake field assignments when assigned by the Supervisor.
· Maintain vehicle log-sheets; Keep vehicle Equipment, tools, spares safely. Keep the vehicle clean and report needs and problems to Transport Officer.
· Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in country of operation;
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management, Management, Accounting, Business Administration, or other relevant field;
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in procurement;
- Experience in training and mentoring others;
- Excellent oral and written English.
- Excellent computer skills in either MS Office or other software.
- 3rd grade driving license.
- INGO procurement experience and knowledge of the USAID procurement rules and regulations is an advantage;
- Conscientious with an excellent sense of judgment
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel
- Strong organizational skills; ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel;
- A clear understanding of procurement ethics;
How to Apply
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position advertised. All applications submitted to the Mercy Corps office include a CV, three references, and all relevant official documents. Applications will not be returned and will not be retained for future recruitment efforts. In order to ensure fairness to all applicants personal inquiries are not permitted.
Only candidates that are short listed will be acknowledged and called for interviews.
“Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to empower women.”
DEADLINE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS: August 27, 2018/ 4:00 PM
Please send non-returnable applications and credentials to one of the following address:
Mercy Corps Recruiter
Addis Ababa: P.O. Box 14319
Arbaminch: P.O. Box 33 , Jijiga: P.O. Box 225
Negelle Borena: P.O. Box 116
Dire Dewa: P.O. Box 974
Yabello: P.O Box 185