GOAL Ethiopia hereby invites applications for recruitment to the post of Procurement Officer
- The application will close on 18 November 2020.
- Location: Addis Ababa
GOAL Ethiopia advertised posts are as follows:
Do you want to join an exciting organization that brings high level impact to the community and add value to your professional advancement? Then join us if you have:
· Degree or Diploma in purchasing/supply chain management or similar and relevant study
· At least 2-3 years’ experience working in similar role in an INGO/NGO or private sector
· Good computer skills; MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
· Good Communication skills in English – reading, writing and speech
· Good negotiation skills
· Flexible to work at odd hours and willingness to travel to the field offices
· Receive and process orders assigned by the Procurement Manager or his/her designate from the field office and Addis Office, checking that order has been correctly filled, that quantity/specification is provided, that coding has been provided and the order has been properly authorised
· Prepare necessary request for quotation or Enquiry forms for all required suppliers and service providers, with all specifications, indicate closing dates to receive quotations, with strict adherence to GOAL/donor rules and regulations, receive quotations for local procurements based on requirements/specifications and prepare a bid analysis as per the received quotations and together with PCOM/TCOM (where applicable) make recommendations to award a contract/purchase order, prepare required purchase orders (POs) ensuring correctness and details of specifications, quantities and financial information for submission and approval
· Acknowledge orders received and where possible provide initial feedback on costing estimates and delivery times
· Where requested, help/liaise with requesters/Budget Holders to develop specifications, availability, rough costing as per previous procurements offers etc.
· Ensure compliance with Donor/GOAL procurement policies and in-country SOPs. Assist in the maintenance of the supplier/vendor list and participate in market surveys as required.
- Assist the Procurement Manager and his/her designate in the initiation of FWA’s and coming up with the expressions of interest for all categories of purchase (pre-qualification of suppliers)
· Ensure all procurement files are held in soft copy in the logistics folder on the shared drive (where applicable) or hard drive, and the completed file is correctly named
· In liaison with the Logistics Department coordinate the reception of goods from supplies and follow up with suppliers / transporters on items missing or damaged in transit
· Ensure delivery dates and time is shared with the warehouse personnel well in advance before delivery of the goods
· Assist to ensure payment of suppliers is made promptly and that the finance department receives all the necessary documentation.
· Ensure procurement is undertaken in a timely manner to minimize disruption to programmes.
· Maintain field office order tracking sheet (OTS), contract database (contract management system) and share it with the Procurement Manager or his/her designate at Addis office on weekly and monthly basis.
· Provide status of the procurements at hand and advance warnings of delays / shortages or other problems to programme managers and requesters
· Make sure that all suppliers are dealt with fairly and equally.
· Ensure the receipt of all goods procured locally is properly recorded
Desirable qualities, Skills, and competences:
- CIPS/Fritz Certification
Note: This description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty and culture. GOAL is committed to ensure that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pre-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign and implement different polices including safe guarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conducts and any other rules and regulation of the organization.
GOAL is strongly committed not to harm the people under its care.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non – returnable application with CV for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with the title need to be written in the application letter and/or subject of the email. Applicants can apply using the following option.
- reference number along with Job Title needs to be written on subject of the email, failing to do this may lead to disqualification).
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.