United Nations World Food Programme Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Volunteer (Hr)
United Nations World Food Programme Jobs Vacancy, United Nations World Food Programme Recruitment, United Nations World Food Programme Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the United Nations World Food Programme Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
United Nations World Food Programme Jobs Vacancies 2018
The World Food Programme (WFP) is United Nations frontline agency in the fight against hunger, WFP is continually responding to emergencies. We save lives by getting food to the hungry fast. But WFP also works to help prevent hunger in the future. We do this through programmes that use food as a means to build assets, spread knowledge and nurture stronger, more dynamic communities. This helps communities become more food secure. On average, WFP aims to bring food assistance to more than 80 million people in 80 countries.
WFP Ethiopia is working with the Government and humanitarian partners to strengthen the resilience of Ethiopia’s most vulnerable population and to chart a more prosperous and sustainable future for the next generation. The Country Office also supports programmes that use food assistance to empower women, transform areas affected by climate change and keep children in school. It aims to contribute to Ethiopia’s five-year development agenda, the Growth and Transformation Plan (GTP), through which the Government combats food insecurity.
These positions are based in Addis Ababa, Jijiga Area office and Adama Sub Office. The incumbent will be responsible for the accountabilities outlined hereunder. Job holders are expected to support in producing organised and accurate work, undertaking specific human resources related activities.
To deliver standard human resources processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive):
Under the direct supervision of a senior HR staff and the Head of Human Resources or the designate, the Volunteer will be responsible for the below accountabilities:
- Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
- Provide a set of standard business support activities, where required, to contribute to the effective functioning of business operations.
- Support the maintenance of office files, documents, and records in accordance with established systems and processes so that information is current and readily available for staff.
General HR tasks:
- Provide assistance on general HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high quality HR services are delivered to clients, and to lead to increased knowledge on entitlements and services.
- Liaise with other internal units/offices on HR related matters, i.e. payroll, contracts, etc. and provide necessary information in order to enable timely HR services.
- Extract and compile HR data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance and training requirements, to support analysis and reporting needs.
- Provide administrative support in various HR activities in the areas of work allocated by the professional officer including on boarding of new staff members in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
- Maintain confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards.
- Provide support to the HR Talent Acquisition team in various steps of the recruitment process.
- Participate in contracts’ management & administration’s activities, including monitoring NTEs, preparation of contracts, and supporting separation processes.
- Support in the implementation of a strong time management system with timely and accurate records.
- Perform other duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completion of secondary school education. Fresh graduate in the field of Human Resources, Management, Finance, Accounting and related field is desirable.
- Previous volunteer experience in the relative business stream is desirable.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledgeable in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to work to deadlines and follow clear instructions.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English. Knowledge of the local language is added advantage.
How to Apply
WFP is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates meeting the above qulifications are encouraged to apply on-line through WFP recruitment website.
This VA is open ONLY to Ethiopian Nationals.
Public access: http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings
WFP staff access: http://newgo.wfp.org/services/e-recruitment
Please note that WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 23 August 2018