Agri Service Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Accountant II
Agri Service Jobs Vacancy, Agri Service Recruitment, Agri Service Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Agri Service Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Agri Service Jobs Vacancies 2018
Agri Service Ethiopia(ASE) is a non-governmental, non-religious and non-profit making Ethiopian Resident Charity organization established in 1969 and is dedicated to poverty reduction and sustainable community development particularly in rural areas of the country.
The Accountant II is responsible for establishing, operating, monitoring and periodically summarizing the extent of financial operations and performance of Dasenech Rehabilitation project. S/he prepares monthly and quarterly financial statements or reports of the project.
Description of major roles and responsibilities
- Check that payment requests are made according to agreement and from the appropriate fund;
- Ascertain the program payments are made within the grant period and per approved budget line item codes and analyzes documents;
- Check and ascertain the accuracy and validity of the project documents;
- Code and analyze documents;
- Supervise and control services related to documentation, classification, records, analysis and reporting of financial transaction;
- Follow up and check that donors invoices are recorded in due time;
- Prepare reconciliation reports and summaries of accounting activities;
- Verify recorded transactions and correct irregularities;
- Upon verification of the payroll, allocate costs to respective funds and pass appropriate accounting entries and prepare computer checks;
- Control that access to the computer payroll data is only to authorized personnel;
- Reconcile monthly bank accounts as soon as statements are received from the bank;
- Count the cash on hand, inspect suspense vouchers and agree them with the schedule prepared by the cashier;
- Prepare and submit monthly bank reconciliation statement, monthly account status, donors’ statement of accounts and respective reconciliation reports;
- Process timely collections and settlement of obligations;
- Calculate per diem for local & foreign travels of staff;
- Carry out field monitoring and provide technical assistance;
- Promote and ensure organizational values and principles;
- Perform other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Education: BA in Accounting or related fields
Experience: 6 years of relevant experience
· NGO experience in related positions
· Highly proficient in account software, Excel, Word
· Excellent written and verbal communication in English Language;
· Firm belief in teamwork,
· Committed to work under pressure
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their Cover letter and CV in person at Head office located in DebreZeit road, Behind Global Hotel or send your applications to;
Human Resource and Property Management Office,
Agri Service Ethiopia, P.O.Box 2460
Phone call is not acceptable.
Women applicants are encouraged to apply; only short listed candidates shall be contacted