Agricultural Transformation Agency Recruitment 2018 for Project Officer-Regional Crop Specialist – Jobs in Ethiopia
Agricultural Transformation Agency Jobs Vacancy, Agricultural Transformation Agency Recruitment, Agricultural Transformation Agency Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Agricultural Transformation Agency Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Agricultural Transformation Agency Recruitment 2018
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoALR), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
Working under the supervision of the Project Officer – Regional Business Development, the Project Officer – Regional Crop Specialist will be responsible for providing technical guidance and conducting capacity building activities in delivery of crop related extension services to Farm Service Center staff, and support FSC’s crop related extension services to smallholder clients. The Crop Specialist will also be responsible for ensuring that FSC grantees conduct thorough demand assessments in seeds (cereals, horticulture), agro-chemicals, farm tools and facilitating training/demonstration activities of these products for FSC customers/smallholder farmers.
- Organize and conduct training programs and seminars for FSC staff and clients, in cooperation with program technical staff and consultants;
- Organize events such as field days, demonstrations and visits by input suppliers on behalf of the FSC;
- Organize and conduct training of smallholder farmers and extension agents on the value and use of improved inputs;
- Develop linkages between input suppliers, output markets and the FSCs;
- In conjunction with the business development officer, support FSCs to have access to improved agricultural technologies and facilitate technology demonstrations on FSC own land or on the land of FSC customer farmers;
- Assist FSCs to have a good working relationship with the local Office of Agriculture, Cooperative Promotion Office, Livestock Agency and any other relevant development partner operating in the area; and
- Other duties as required by Project Officer – Regional Business Development and Project Manager
- BSc or MSc degree in Agriculture with specialization in crop production, irrigation, horticulture, crop protection, agronomy, plant science, agri-business or another relevant field
- At least 5 years (for BSc) or 3 years (for MSc) experience in agriculture or crop production and/or protection capacity building, seed marketing, extension and outreach services in agronomy, horticulture, irrigation and input supply value chains.
- Understanding Ethiopia’s agricultural system, with a broad perspective on agrochemical and seeds and their supply system.
- Experience in USAID or other donor-funded programs a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, communications, and leadership skills.
- Excellent adaptive problem-solver in challenging environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Fluency in English and Amharic is required; knowledge of other regional working languages is a plus.
- Proficient Microsoft Office user.
How to Apply
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter, (ii) CV (maximum 5 pages), and (iii) a completed ATA Application Form at http://apply.ata.gov.et.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
NB. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.