I-TECH Malawi Recruitment 2018 for Recency Surveillance Regional Coordinator (3 Positions) – Jobs in Malawi
I-TECH Malawi Announce their Recruitment for several positions, Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity on how to Apply for I-TECH Malawi Recruitment 2018. See position below and Closing Date…
I-TECH Malawi Recruitment 2018
I-TECH Malawi has been privileged to provide technical support to the Government of Malawi Ministry of Health (MoH), since 2008, through seconded senior Technical Assistants, Programme Officers and Public Health Fellows. The International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH) was established in 2002 at the University of Washington in Seattle. I-TECH is funded by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Division of Global HIV and TB (CDC-DGHT) under the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
I-TECH is implementing a recent HIV infection surveillance project through inclusion of a test for recent infection (TRI) in routine HIV testing services at entry points to monitor epidemiology of recent HIV infections.
Recency results will aid in the identification of individuals who have acquired HIV within the past several months and may be at higher risk of transmitting HIV. This surveillance work can be used to inform HIV programming and improve targeting of prevention activities to sub‐ populations and locations where high levels of transmission may be occurring.
I-TECH is seeking to hire qualified candidates for the following position to support the activity
Recency Surveillance Regional Coordinator (3 Positions)
Regional Coordinators (RC) are responsible for the successful implementation of recency activities in the assigned districts. The RC will work under the guidance of the Program Manager and will directly supervise several District Coordinators (DCs) to ensure the technical requirements of the study are met. S/he will facilitate effective integration of recency surveillance (RS) into routine facility HIV testing services (HTS), and ensure compliance to national HTS guidelines including RS informed consent, testing and documentation procedures.
- Responsible for recruitment and orientation of Site Coordinators in conjunction with DCs
- Plan and conduct monthly supervision visits jointly with DCs and conduct quarterly supervision visits jointly with central team
- Participate in district, regional and national level meetings as required
- Coordinate with DHOs and I-TECH central office to ensure recency supplies are available at all participating facilities
- Oversee logistics of site preparation including ensuring commodities are at the facilities and taking inventory of shipments received in conjunction with DCs
- Coordinate trainings on RS for health facility staff in assigned districts
- Coordinate communication between collaborating organizations at regional, district and facility levels
- Monitor shipment of DBS samples for viral load testing and ensure lab results from NHRL are returned to participating facilities in a timely manner
- Train, mentor and support DCs and Site Coordinators on RS standard operating procedures
- Monitor the recency test quality control activities at facility level in conjunction with DCs
- Submit a monthly technical report to the Project Manager
- Develop and share monthly activity workplan and participate in weekly review meetings with supervisor
- Ensure staff welfare in liaison with HR unit at I-TECH central office
- Bachelor’s Degree in health-related field from a recognised institution in the fields of public health, nursing, community nursing, laboratory or other related health field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in supervision and project management
- Previous experience in HIV testing services and surveillance projects
- Demonstrated sensitivity to issues related to HIV and ability to work within MOH health facilities
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in health research setting
- Computer skills and experience with MS Office
- Strong written and oral communication skills in Chichewa and English
- Experience with program coordination and capacity building (training and mentoring).
- Experience with implementation of research and surveillance activities covering large geographic areas.
- Experience with implementation of HIV programs.
Conditions of Employment
The Regional Coordinator will reside in the assigned region and must be willing and available to frequently travel within the assigned districts and to the I-TECH Lilongwe office.
Applications with Curriculum Vitae (CV), three traceable referees and relevant copy certificates should be sent or emailed to the following address:
Human Resources Manager
International Training and Education Centre for Health-(I-TECH-Malawi)
ARWA House, City Centre
P.O. Box 30369
Email: [email protected]
Deadline for applications is Monday 7th January, 2019. Please write YOUR NAME and THE POSITION being applied for in the subject line. Attachments should only be in Ms Word or PDF. Zipped files must NOT be attached. Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
I-TECH Malawi, an equal opportunity employer, appreciates all applications. However, only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
For more information about I-TECH, visit our website: http://www.go2itech.org/