Lutheran World Federation, Department for World Service Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Wash Advisor
Lutheran World Federation, Department for World Service Jobs Vacancy, Lutheran World Federation, Department for World Service Recruitment, Lutheran World Federation, Department for World Service Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Lutheran World Federation, Department for World Service Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Lutheran World Federation, Department for World Service Jobs Vacancies 2018
Lutheran World Federation (LWF/WS – Ethiopia) is a registered foreign charity which has been operating in Ethiopia since 1973 implementing various development and humanitarian projects in different parts of Ethiopia. LWF is currently looking for highly motivated and competent professionsal fulfilling the following criteria:
Report to: Program Coordinator
Employment Term:One year with high possibility of extension
Detailed responsibilities and tasks:
The Advisor is responsible for ensuring the effective implementation of LWF Emergency Response and Development Programs focused on addressing the water supply, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) needs of target populations.
Ensure quality planning implementation and coordination of emergency response programs
- Provide leadership on the emergency response program implementation and be the focal person for ensuring effective delivery of service to the people of concern;
- As focal person for WASH, provide technical supervision for WASH components in emergency and development programs ;
- Work with the field teams to design WASH projects by partaking in needs identification and taking lead in proposal development;
- Assist the field staff in the development of regular implementation plans to ensure timely completion of project activities and ensure field offices have clear plans and assigned tasks;
- Regularly follow up quality implementation of activities and take corrective measures in coordination with relevant stakeholders;
- Ensure the program activities are implemented in line with LWF/DWS Emergency assistance approach, including ensuring accountability to communities;
Support and Supervise Project Coordinators
- Provide coaching and technical support to field based WASH staff in order to insure delivery of services;
- Provide technical training especially in WASH to the project staff as deemed necessary and make sure that all the project staff have the required skills and trainings for their position;
- Provide technical guidance especially in WASH and advice to address challenges and queries from donors, partners and other stakeholders;
- Work with Project Coordinators and the Program Coordinator to share best practices and lessons between project locations.
Ensure timely and quality monitoring as well as internal and external reporting
- Ensure accurate and timely collection of data by field teams;
- Compile reports from each working location into a monthly and quarterly progress reports;
- Contribute to narrative and financial aspects of reports to donors, government and other relevant partners;
Coordinate with partners and internal and external stakeholders
- Meet with donors and other external stakeholders as required, including presenting the program objectives and progress;
- Provide information and updates to relevant parts of LWF/DWS including providing information for communications, fundraising and policy as required;
- Work closely with the Program Coordinator and the Country Representative to ensure effective flow of information and effective integration of the emergency response activities into LWF/DWS-ET’s long term programming
Required qualification and Work Experiance:
- MSc or BSc in Water Engineering or related fields with relevant experience of 5 years for Masters, 8 years for Bachelor out of which at least 2 years’ experience of coordinating emergency response programs, ideally in IDP and refugee set-ups.
- Excellent written and oral English Language skills required
- Strong project management skills; and solid working experience in WASH specially for emergency settings
- Knowledge and experience in resilience and disaster risk reduction
- Commitment to accountability to disaster affected communities;
- Experience in managing a team of staff and providing coaching and support;
- Experience in monitoring and donor reporting;
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- A strong organizer who is able to multitask and meet deadlines, including the ability to work flexibly in a fast paced and rapidly changing context;
- Ability to work sensitively and diplomatically, including experience of working with partners and diverse groups of people;
- NGO Experience is advantageous
How to Apply
This vacancy is a re-advertisement of Announcement No. 11. Candidates who had submitted their application then need not reapply. Interested candidates who meet the above requirement can send ONLY C.V and application letter through [email protected]org. No need to send copies of testimonials.
LWF World Service Ethiopia is an equal opportunity employer. LWF Ethiopia considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to sex, color, religion, ethnicity, age, marital status or disability.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Female applicants are encouraged to apply