Midwives Association Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Midwife Advisor – Jobs in Ethiopia
አዳዲስ ስራዎች በኢትዮጵያ ውስጥ, Midwives Association Jobs Vacancy, Midwives Association Recruitment, Midwives Association Jobs Opportunities… Job s details below…
Midwives Association Jobs Vacancies 2018
Ethiopian Midwives Association
Position: Midwife Advisor
– The Midwife Advisor reports to the Project Coordinator /Project Manager and receives additional instruction from the Program Manager, is responsible for planning, coordinating, facilitating and conducting trainings on midwifery care and support. S/he also conduct and coordinate different surveys on the efficiency and effectiveness of the training programs organized by EMwA and its impact at the grass root level. S/he ensures that regular monitoring and evaluation of the capacity development trainings and share findings of best practices for documentation and feed in to the planning process.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
• Prepare detail operational activity plan for theoretical and practical training of midwifery care and support for health professionals and partners.
• Prepare detailed plan and schedule for each training activity and communicate it to concerned bodies.
• Facilitate the implementation of planned activities through proper coordination, provision of technical support
• Organize and facilitate any type of trainings related with reproductive, maternal & newborn health as per the plan and prepare training reports
• Organize and conduct need based training for health workers at various health facilities, and teaching institutions
• Report on project progress and communicate relevant information including monthly, quarterly and annual report to project Coordinator.
• Develop training plan of action and prepare budget based on the plan
• Create smooth relationship with trainees, government bureaus and other partners at different level.
• Take part in program planning, proposal writing, documenting best practices and monitoring project activities
• Take part in preparation of magazines, newsletters and other publications of the association as needed
• Take part in resource mobilization activities of the organization and maximize the impact
• Take role of coordination where ever necessary
• Ensure trainer teams are always available for all the trainings
• Facilitate proper implementation of the training program
• Collaborate with RHBs hospitals and health center when the training is conducted
• Document best practice and combine pictures and detail reports on the training program
• Collaborate with all program and technical staffs of EMwA better out come on the overall implementation of EMwA programs
• Collaborate, coordinate and participate in any EMA’s related activities as per the annual work plan of the organization and additional assignments from partners, FMOH and RHBs as needed
• Coordinate and create a link among regional HBs, chapter offices and zonal representatives in relation with the training and other EMwA activities
• Ensure and contribute for quality of midwifery education and care in all the programs and activities where EMwA is involved
• Ensure proper handling of all BEmONC training materials in all the sites and make sure any missed items, inform immediately and collaborate for the re-placement
• Document action plans properly for the call follow up and supportive supervision
• Ensure implementation of the activities as per the action plan and follow up accordingly
• Facilitate for the overall goal of the program and create links where ever there is gap in implementation of the BEmONC in the health facilities
• Promote and increase members of EMwA and advocate for Midwifery profession where ever you are assigned
• Take initiative and coordinate the overall activities of the training in the absence of the team
• Coaching other trainers, Leading the training team & Prepare training reports
• Conduct off site(telephone follow up) and onsite supportive supervision
• Create smooth relationship with trainees, government offices and other partners
• Other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor, should go any of the training site or perform any related assignment at office wherever necessary
• Do other activities as per the need of the organization and guidance from supervisors.
– Required number: 1 (one)
– Reports to: Project Coordinator, 50,000HBD Project
– Length of Contract: definite period
Qualification and Experience:
• MSc or MPH with BSc Midwifery background or BSc in Midwifery.
• Minimum of 4 /6 years of experience in clinical practice and teaching at higher teaching institution and in-depth understanding of international & National reproductive, maternal and new-born health.
• Having a clinical area experience with a minimum of 2 years
• Knowledge and experience in standard Midwifery care and practice and extensive experience in MNCH service provision.
• Having BEmONC TOT or Basic BEmONC training with facilitation skills trainings like: CTS, ETS, HDP is mandatory
• Computer Training Certificate
Competencies/ Technical skills
• Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and work under pressure
• Good planning and prioritizing skills;
• Demonstrable professionalism and facilitation abilities;
• Program Management and team leader skills
• Problem solving skills and flexibility
• Ability to establish & maintain effective working relationships with staffs and partners; being a strong team player.
Competencies/ Personal attributes
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to work in stressful environment, and stay in the project areas for a given period of time
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and foster trust and respect.
• Self-motivated, highly organized and detail oriented
• Flexible and able to work well under pressure.
• Ability to communicate effectively both spoken & written in English and Amharic
• Having additional regional working languages skill is advantageous
Desired Criteria (An Asset)
• Having experience in teaching at higher teaching institution
• I/NGO experience is advantageous
• Having FP, PMTCT, CAC, CRC, IDS, etc. training is more advantageous
Education Level : Bachelor’s
Experience : 5-10 years
City : Addis Ababa
State : Addis Ababa
Country : Ethiopia
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants who met the MINIMUM requirements should send the following through e-mail: [email protected] or P.O.Box 1410, or in person to Ethiopian Midwives Association’s Head Office located on Equatorial Guinea Street, Haya Hulet, behind Elsa Koloor behind Meklit Building, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. • A cover letter / application letter (not more than one page) A CV (not more than 3 pages) • A one page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process. Refer the vacancy announcement while doing this. • Please DO NOT SUBMIT scanned copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with your application. You will provide them upon request. Make sure that you state the title of the position on the subject of your email. Note: Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply. All travel and related costs should be covered by the applicant if invited for written exam and/or interview. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: September 20, 2018