World Vision Jobs Vacancy 2018 for Finance Officer for (Read II project)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the World Vision Jobs Vacancy 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
World Vision Jobs Vacancy 2018
As an International Christian Humanitarian Development organization, World Vision Ethiopia (WVE) is trusted to deliver integrated programs with target communities through its 58 Area programs (APs) located in seven regional states of the country. WVE envisions a thriving organization where our strong leadership at all levels results in improved delivery of results for children
Purpose of the position:
To perform financial accounting work of World Vision Ethiopia Grant Projects including financial services to internal and external customer service. Contribute for the financial and accounting reports accurately reflect the condition of the organization and provide reliable information necessary for operations. Support all line Managers in strategic alignment and management of resources
Grant Financial Accounting Operation
· Process Grant Financial transaction/ in compliance with WVI FM manual, internal policies, terms, conditions and regulations of the grant according to the grant terms and conditions.
· Process partners, sub recipients, sub grantees and the like payment requests and submit to disbursement unit
· Engage in preparation of monthly LDR for grant projects and process reversal entries as needed
· Facilitate and process all type of employee advance requests for grant program staffs and follow up for the settlement of all local travel and business advances within due date
· Process employee out pocket reimbursement request as per the organization policy and standard
· Process reversal journal entries for correction, reclassification or allocation for grant costs and submit for review and approval
· Review Sub-grant financial reports/documents, prepare sub grant analysis & process the required journal entries and follow up of sub grant advance settlement.
Grant Compliance and Risk Management
· Prepare/review cash flow of the grant projects, and submit to Grant Finance Manager for final review and posting to sun system
· Prepare Fixed Asset Register for the Grant Projects and ensure asset register is in accordance with grant terms and conditions
· Maintain adequate staff tracking report for grant projects and ensure all personnel related costs charged to the project they worked for
· Ensure monthly/quarterly or bi annual grant financial reports are filled and ready for external/internal audit reviews
· Participate in WVE internal, local external and Global Center (GC), A-133 audits preparation and process
· Track and monitor reimbursable VAT and ensure timely recovery of VAT refunds from respective Government authorities or agencies.
· Monitor grant project spending and follow abnormal balances/records, un allowable costs, and report to concerned managers and project budget holders for direction
· Ensure adequate severance, end of service payments are accrued for grant staff and pass necessary accruals to reinstate the required balances
· Ensure the application of General Accepted Accounting Principles and WVI financial management protocols in preparing journal, reports and operation of grant accounting.
· Maintain the highest standard of grant management protocols as stipulated in grant agreement, WV grant management standards and other applicable guidelines.
· Cover for other Grant Finance officers, Disbursement officer and others responsibility when needed.
Provide assistance, as needed, to the Grant finance Manager
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
|· Bachelors Degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field· Graduate Degree in Financial Analysis or Business Modelling|
|Experience· At-least Four years business management experience in INGO and for- profit business
· Experience in Financial Analysis and reporting requirement
License or certification required
· Certified Public Accountant is preferred
Knowledge and skills
|· Able to motivate staff to achieve core results|
|· Able to contextualize financial solutions|
|· Able to work with minimum supervision|
|· Technical expertise in financial and analytics systems development|
|· Excellent working knowledge of GAAP|
|· Innovative solution provider|
|· Fluency in English and local language|
|· Able to articulate and communicate ideas well verbally and in writing|
|· Good interpersonal skills|
|· Able to work in a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff|
Additional Requirements: Committed to WV’s vision, mission and core values
How to Apply
Interested applicants must require to email before the closing date of this announcement to firstname.lastname@example.org
World Vision Ethiopia is a child focused Organization and is striving to keep children safe and is committed to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for this position.
Note: we don’t receive hard copies