Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbHh Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Admin Assistant Intern – Jobs in Ethiopia
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbHh Jobs Vacancy, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbHh Recruitment, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbHh Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbHh Jobs Vacancies 2018
In Ethiopia, GIZ has been working for more than 40 years in bilateral cooperation on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and on commission of the Ethiopian Government and International Donors.
The Agricultural Mechanisation and Technology for Smallholder Productivity (AMTP) project is financed by the German Development Cooperation and implemented by GIZ. The main objective of the project is improving small-scale farmers’ productivity & incomes through mechanization and technology. AMTP is working in introducing improved agricultural mechanisation on small scale farms in the Arsi zone and will soon expand to Bale (Oromija) and West-Gojam (Amhara).
To achieve its objectives, GIZ-mechanisation project is looking a qualified candidate as per the below details.
Position: Admin Assistant Intern
Remuneration: As per the GIZ scale
Application deadline: September 13, 2018
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
· Assisting the program team in administrative tasks
· Liaising with customers in a service-oriented manner on behalf of the office by providing a professional phone service, welcoming visitors and maintaining a high standard of professionalism in the reception area;
· Performing reception and secretariat services on a daily basis;
· Filing and overseeing documents in reference files or in Document Management System in line with GIZ’s filing rules;
· Sort, classify and distribute incoming correspondence (e-mail, letters and other official documents).
· Register, document and organise incoming and outgoing correspondence (letters emails, packages and personally delivered messages).
· Distribute and accept documents and packages
· Assist in the logistical management and set up of the meeting rooms when needed, check the stock of workshop and moderation material all the time.
· Organise travel and accommodation for staff and other external parties.
· Manage the daily/weekly/monthly agenda and arrange meetings and appointments of major units of the programme.
· Ensure that the necessary office supplies are available and making sure that all project materials are available in stock and notify in time the responsible officers.
· Purchase office equipment and supplies within set value limits
· Coordinate driver schedules and ensures that visitors and experts arriving in the country are picked up
· Report damage to the administrative officer, organises and monitors the service and repair of office equipment
· Run errands, e.g. receiving invoices, delivering and collecting documents
· Perform other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Qualifications and Experience:
· A newly graduate with bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
· Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (phone, fax, e-mail, internet).
· Verifiable skills using packages such as MS Office applications (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Ability to draft official letters and presentations in a speedy and correct way in English.
· Excellent communication skills in English and Amharic language are mandatory.
· Trustworthiness and ability to maintaining strict confidentiality and observing data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
· Ability to organize and prioritize several tasks at the same time working in a dynamic environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified internal candidates shall submit their application letter along with their non-returnable recent CV (max. 3 pages) with letter of motivation (max. 1 page) to the following address:
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
P.O. Box: 100009
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Fax: 011 554 0764
The name of the position for which the application is made should be clearly marked on the subject line with the position title. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will go through an English proficiency test and preliminary interview.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.